Tuesday 14 November 2017

Bauble spellings



I've spent over week away from the internet and social media. It's given me some much needed head space to reassess a few things. Reminded me why I like to live simply and quietly. One big example is the fact I spend so much time finding ideas to do with the children than I don't actually have any time to do the said activities.
 Things need to change!

Today's activity is quick and easy to set up. A pipe cleaner, a dozen baubles and a felt tip pen.


DD1 wrote each of her homework spellings by writing one letter per bauble and threading them onto her pipe cleaner. She has some tricky words this week like beige and neice which sometimes need the letters rearranging.


DD2 enjoyed putting the letters of her name and surname in the right order. She also numbered the baubles 1 -12 and hung them in the right order. We also worked on finding the odd and even numbers.

Gman was just happy threading baubles onto pipe cleaners. I tried to tempt him into mark making on the baubles, simple dots or crosses but was firmly put in my place for messing up his game. Lol. Toddlers eh? Dangerous creatures to anger!


X x X


1 comment:

  1. You made me smile at the realisation that looking up activities on the internet takes precedence to doing the activities . Dont even get me on the subject of Pinterest , why, just why ? But saying that at the moment ive a list of crafty ideas in my head that are just stalled because i need one item that i just havent the funds to complete , much like the great white thread famine of a couple of months ago .

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.