Saturday 7 October 2017

Freezer clearing part 1



Now I'm up to facing food again, I've rebooted my freezer clearing project. 
I'm working my way through each drawer turning raw ingredients in to meals and using up all the bits and piece.
The list above is the contents of drawer 1.


First I made a supersized pear and chocolate crumble from the free pears DD2s school handed out. DD1 is delighted as pears are her favourite fruit.
Next I made a supersized  apple and BlackBerry crumble. Both have been carefully taste tested for the families approval  before being frozen in double sized portions. 
Each box will either feed the three children or split between me and hubby. (If I'm fast enough)


For lunch I munched through the single portion of soup. It made for a nice change from sandwiches or toasties. 
Then I got to work on a few batches of fruit pies. I dumped all of the  remaining fruit into my jam pan, heating it and turned it into a thick compote.
I've made 48 pies, mostly covered but the pastry ran slightly short. Half have been frozen for later and the rest will be for this weeks lunch boxes and snacks. 


 Phew! Time for a sit down.

X x X


1 comment:

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.