Saturday 16 September 2017

Shining my sink


Sigh*  I just don't feel like I'm making a dent in the household chores at the moment. Although I'm aware my current energy levels are not really helping matters. 
So I'm turning to an old friend for support and getting life back on track the flylady way.


It's gentle enough to do step by step and build up day by day, yet at the same time big enough to see improvement each day.
And we all know were flylady starts. The kitchen sink.


It is now clutter free with fresh smelling drains and a shiny surface.  It really has lifted my spirits Every time I've entered the  kitchen. 


Tomorrow I will be dressing to shoes and tackling some clutter in the current flyzone.  Watch out world, this mummy is getting back in control.

X x X

2 comments:

  1. My sink blocked today. I managed to unblock it but I definitely need to start loving it a bit more. Is this what my life has come to - loving a kitchen sink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you! Your sink is sparkling! Having a clean and tidy sink area is always uplifting; a sink filled with pots and pans is just depressing, isn't it?
    One thing I like to do, and this is just a personal thing, is to put all the cleaning things, the washing up liquid, the washing up bowl, the dishcloth, the rubber gloves, under the sink when I'm not actually using them, and have only pretty things on the windowsill or ear the sink: herbs in pots, a vase of flowers, some pretty silver napkin rings, etc. I only get the bowl and washing up liquid out when I need to. If the manufacturers would put washing up liquid into pretty bottles, then I wouldn't have to bother to do this! I do have lavender liquid hand wash by the sink, that's acceptable to me and sometimes, when I use Bronnley lemon soap (you know the one - shaped like a lemon!) that sits in a little dish by the side of the sink. I like the sink area to be functional, of course, but it can also look attractive. I love your glass 'basket'. I once had one of those, goodness knows what happened to it. It was made with, I think, 'end of the day' glass, all the various colours put together and then moulded into baskets. They are so pretty!
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.