Friday 29 January 2016

Frugal dressmaking


I picked this dress up this morning in a charity shop. It's pretty horrible and outdated but I loved the fabric. I knew two little girls who would agree with me too.


So I snapped it up for £3, giggling at the funny looks the shop assistant gave me. Once we got home I busted out the seam ripper and took it apart carefully.


A free printable pattern and some sewing later.... I had a little sparkly dress for DD1. All I need to do is add the buttons to the back tomorrow.
Then I can start work on DD2's dress with the rest of fabric. 

X x x



2 comments:

  1. I made dungarees for my toddler son from a pair of trousers many years ago and dresses for my DD's from jumble sale buys.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.