Wednesday 3 September 2014

Experimenting with Basil



 I saw an interesting Pin recently on Pinterest about growing Basil through the winter indoors and then planting them outside once the frosts have past. That way you are already ahead of the game for herb growing season, with the occasional fresh leaf here and there over the colder months too.
 Seeing as I had some Basil seeds, an empty drinks bottle and a helpful DD, I thought why not give it a go.


We've sprinkled about 10-12 seeds in this pot of damp compost, and covered it with half of the bottle to give it a mini greenhouse effect. Hopefully in a weeks time we will see teeny tiny shoots poking through.
 If these come through I might try a few other herbs indoors over winter to get me started quicker outside next summer.
Wish me luck

x x

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your reports! I might even have a go.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.