Wednesday 30 July 2014

Saving with Stitching


Can you believe I picked up this dress for a gigantic discount of 80%.  
Originally priced at £ 24.99 I paid just £3.75 for it at the till.


CaN you spot why? That tiny piece of the seam coming apart where the two little hearts touch. As soon as I saw it I knew it would take minutes to repair. So I wisked it away to the changing room to see if it fit.


And within an hour I'd paid for it. Returned home  Mended it and modeled it for hubby.
Those seven tiny stitches (on the reverse side) saved me almost £3 each.
Needless to say I will be watching the clearance rack in that store rather closely from now on. 

X x X

3 comments:

  1. Oh very pretty and summery. Reminds me of cool mint choc chip ice cream on a hot day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often ask for a discount if I see something needs mending, but I've never managed 80 per cent before (usually it's an additional 10 or 20 per cent off). Well done you - and pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mending's brilliant :) m just about to creatively darn one of my favourite cardis that got attacked by moths :(

    Btw, just happened on your blog completely randomly, I'm Luath on the Frugal forum lol

    :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.