Monday 2 June 2014

Building in the garden


 Yesterday I took the opportunity to get into the garden and start my raised beds. I made a little pile of all my equipment only to find I had the grand total of four nails! Clever hubby came to the rescue though by pointing out that if I nailed the plastic covering at the four corners I could use bricks on the edges until I buy some nails today.
 Needless to say my job this evening is nailing four pieces of wood to the edges of my pallet square to hold the soil in. The plastic came from our newly purchased mattress and is lovely and thick, to good to bin! And I have plenty left over for a few more pallet beds too.
 In the back left I have three pumpkin plants, then clockwise salad leaves (cut and come again type), tomato plants and spring onions.
 It isn't much but it's a start!

  I've been reading this post by The Prudent Homemaker about making one batch of Spring Onions last the entire summer! With the added bonus of seeds at the end of it for next years crop, and for exchanges and possibly even sale if you were clever. I'm going to try it this year and see how I get on.

Take Care
X X X

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool. I've always wanted to do something like that myself - good luck with it!! AND so happy to have you doing the SOC again this year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.