Tuesday 2 July 2013

Family picnic

On Sunday we headed to Victoria Country Park with all the in-laws for a big family picnic. We each brought something to eat and drink for everyone so it was quite a varied tasty feast. The weather was just perfect for sitting on the shore and chatting. Or in my case going beach-combing with my little SIL.

  

This is part of the famous Victoria Hospital which is in the centre of the site. It houses a lovely exhibition about Florence Nightingale who was quite involved with the building of the sight. If you have five minutes spare I recommend looking the park up on Wikipedia.

 I spent the afternoon beach combing with my SIL Rosie. I've blogged our finds over on my other blog - here.
 And finally a little peek at my current WIP - pink and white stripe jumper for Baby D. I'm knitting it for aged 1 year so it should do for the winter.
 And a quick project I just finished. A pair of multi color socks for DD using up a ball of interesting wool I picked up an age ago in a charity shop. They are really snugly and warn, perfect for colder weather.

X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.