Thursday 14 June 2012

Thursday afternoons by the sea

 Thursday afternoon are our time off together as a family, and we seem to be ending up at Hayling Island more and more often. Not that I'm complaining mind you, there is something really enjoyable in walking along the seashore for a little bit hunting for treasures. One day I will find dubloons or Nazi gold I swear!
  Today while beach combing we found lots of pretty rocks and seashells, seaweed, cuttlefish, a few pieces of crab shell and a broken necklace. We left everything but the necklace almost where we found it. I wish I could say that it was a diamond or opal necklace but alas it is a simple leather thong with a few glass beads on it, I didn't want to leave it there because it might have hurt some poor local wildlife and also because it was my first find in ages and I just know I can think of something crafty to do with it soon.

 After our walk we enjoyed some of the local arcade games. As usual we let ourselves have a pound or two each and tried out luck winning some goodies.
Then we finished up by having a wonderful meal in the Beachlands cafe. We don't eat there every time we visit as that would make going far to expensive, but today we just couldn't resist the smell of a fry up wafting around us. DD was very pleased with her mountain of baked beans, sausage and chips. As you can see she had a very healthy appetite after our walk.
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.